A lot for a little
Kenwood's KDC-125U CD receiver exemplifies what you'd expect from a "good bang for the buck" receiver – a solid, no-frills car stereo that gives you several music choices. You can go old school by playing your CDs or tuning into your favorite AM or FM stations. You can also plug in your digital music collection using the front-panel USB or auxiliary input inputs. Kenwood's Music Control app enables you to play and control your connected Android™ phone's playlists. Simple front-panel controls let you run the whole show without diverting your attention.
A step up from a factory radio
The typical factory radio doesn't have the power needed to deliver clean sound when you get up to highway speeds, but this Kenwood's built-in amplifier offers impressive power for a big bump in performance. The KDC-125U also gives you a 3-band EQ and a bass boost, along with a sound reconstruction feature that improves the sound of your compressed music. When you connect a powered sub to the Kenwood's set of preamp outputs, you can turn it up and down with the receiver's sub level control, a great feature if you listen to a wide variety of music.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- detachable face with 13-digit LCD display and red button illumination
- 3-band equalizer with DriveEQ
- USB port compatible with flash drives containing MP3, WMA, WAV, and FLAC files
- Kenwood sound reconstruction improves the sound of files encoded at low bit rates
- compatible with Kenwood's Music Control app using a connected Android™
- Drive Change lets you select audio from multiple flash drives or memory cards in a connected USB hub, memory card reader, or Android device
- bass boost and loudness controls
- low-pass filter and subwoofer level control
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input, front USB port (no iPod/iPhone controls)
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt, switchable rear/sub)
Other Features and Specs:
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- Manufacture Warranty: 1 year
- MFR # KDC-125U
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- 2 Removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty Card