K40 RLS2 - All-Band Radar and Laser Detector With GPS Technology
- Portable Radar and Laser Protection with GPS taken to a whole new level!
- The all-new K40 RLS2 portable radar/laser detector with GPS also features our innovative K-Band Filter.This filter helps eliminate false alerts from OEM radar-based accessories. No more K-Band alerts from adaptive cruise control or lane departure warning systems!
- K-Band Filter - Rejects alerts from vehicles on the road (including your own) equipped with radar-based safety features, such as collision avoidance, allowing you to concentrate on the real threats.
- 13 Customizable Settings - No two drivers, vehicles, or driving environments are the same. The K40 RLS2 is completely customizable to the way you drive.
- Flexible Mute options - Offers multiple ways to silence alerts, including automatic volume reduction
- Dim - Adjust the intensity of the display depending on the time of day or your visual preference.
- GPS-based "Mark to Alert" - Mark to alert for locations such a speed traps, school zones, or red light cameras. This feature gives you the ability to "Mark and Unmark" any location. Build your own database of locations that are important to you. No annual subscriptions, no downloading or updating an ever-changing database from a home computer or laptop.
- K40's exclusive Quiet Ride - Allows you to set a minimum MPH/KPH detection speed that eliminates all audible alerts until the vehicle exceeds your selected speed. Ideal for long road trips or where you only want to be alerted to radar/laser if you exceed a set speed limit.
- K40's Speed Monitor - Gives the driver a constant audible alert whenever a pre-selected speed is exceeded, as well as a visual alert telling you to "slow down." Great for young or new drivers. Speed Monitor will override Quiet Ride.
- Fully Programmable Radar/Laser Alert Options - Enables you to eliminate audible and visual alerts to specific radar bands or laser.
Accessories Included - Everything you need to install the RLS2 is included: Fully-adjustable windshield mounting bracket with suction cups, a standard coiled power cord with 12V outlet adapter, and a straight power cord for a custom hardwired installation.
- Voice or Tone plus Digital Display - Unique audible and visual warnings alert you to the specific police radar band targeting your vehicle as well as provide a "Geiger" audio alert that accelerates as you near the threat.
- Vibrant Dot Matrix Display - Great looking and easy to read, day or night. Easily adjust the brightness to suit your driving environment. Default display shows your filter setting, compass direction, and speed reading.
- K40's Exclusive RD950 Radar Detector Guarantees: If you get a radar or laser speeding ticket, we’ll pay for it.* - K40 was the first radar detector manufacturer in the world to offer a speeding ticket guarantee. Thirty-three years later, we are still the company with the confidence to back all of our products with this guarantee: All radar and laser speeding tickets covered in full, no questions asked, for one full year from the date of purchase.*
- 10.500 - 10.550 GHz (X band)
- 24.050 - 25.250 GHz (K band)
- 33.400 - 36.000 GHz (Ka band)
- 830 - 945 nanometers (Laser)
- 11.0 - 16.0 Volts DC negative ground
- 170 mA typical standby
- Radar Receiver Type: DSP Datadyne Technologies
- GPS Receiver Type: SiRFstar III
- Display Type: Full Dot Matrix Display
- Signal Strength Indicators: Audible geiger and numeric signal strength indications
- RDD Guard: Protection from Radar Detector Detectors
|Detects all North American police radar (X, K, and Ka-Band) and laser signals at full sensitivity.||For highway travel or in any area in which you are
unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
|2. City||50% reduction in X-band sensitivity. This is because it is the most common source of non-police radar
signals. K, KA and Laser will remain at full sensivity.
|When traveling in an urban area with minimal non-police radar signals.|
|3. Filter||Eliminates X-Band detection completely. Reduces
K and KA-Band sensitivity by 50%. Laser detection will remain at full sensitivity.
|When traveling in a congested traffic area with a high concentration of non-police radar signals.|
- Voice Type - Male / Female
- Audible Voice - Voice On / Voice Off
- Wake Up - Wake Up Long / Wake Up Short (abbreviated start-up sequence)
- Speed Displayed - Speed On / Speed Off - for MPH/KPH on screen
- Compass Heading - On / Off - directional heading on screen
- POP Radar Band - On / Off - turning POP on will greatly increase alerts non-police radar bursts
- Quiet Ride - Set minimum detection speed from 5 mph - 75mph / 10 kph - 120 kph
- Speed Monitor - Set to alert when a preselected speed is exceeded.
- X-Band - On / Off
- K-Band - On / Off
- KA-Band - On / Off
- Laser - On / Off
- Factory Reset
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Width: 2.86"
- Length: 5.11"
- Height: 1.39"
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year Warranty
* Speeding ticket guarantee not valid for tickets written in school or construction zones, or incurred with a DUI violation. All tickets covered for first year of product ownership. Speeding ticket guarantee extension available.
We Also Recommend
Rigid Industries - 36110 - 360-Series 4" SAE J583 OE Fog Light White | Pair
EchoMaster Wireless Back-up Camera for any vehicle with an RCA input