Enjoy Kenwood quality
If you assume you're "settling" with a low-cost receiver, think again. Kenwood's KMM-BT225U digital media receiver adds a lot of options to your dash and its built-in amplifier packs a punch, giving you 22 watts RMS per channel. Bluetooth® connectivity is the real star here, with quick access to hands-free calling and audio streaming thanks to the two biggest buttons on the stereo — one for calls and one for music. And Kenwood keeps your options open with a front-facing USB input and aux input. You can even download the Kenwood Remote app (available from the App Store or Google Play) and use your phone to play music and adjust your sound settings.
Music, music everywhere
Kenwood steps up your app experience in the car by giving you control of your smartphone from the KMM-BT225U with a wired connection. Navigate your favorite playlists and explore new music on Spotify and Pandora.
If you keep music saved on your phone, a music player, or a thumb drive, accessing it is as simple as plugging into the USB input. The KMM-BT225U can play MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and even high-res FLAC music files, so you can access your entire music library. With a wired connection to your iPhone®, you'll be able to take advantage of a variety of search and playback features from the KMM-BT225U. And hey, Android users... you can connect your phone either to the front USB port or through Bluetooth and then control all the music you've stored there.
Other smartphone perks
For the times when you're sharing the ride, the KMM-BT225U enables you to pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling. And when you're streaming audio, Kenwood's Music Mix feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for the ultimate road trip party. You can also control this stereo directly from your iPhone® or Android™ phone using Kenwood's free Remote app.
Craft the sound you're looking for
Kenwood sound reconstruction restores the depth that's often missing from compressed music files, and digital time alignment ensures that all that sound reaches your ears at the same time. A 13-band EQ lets you get the sound you like, and with their Remote app, you can tune it from your phone.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- Kenwood Remote App lets you control receiver settings with your smartphone
- built-in Bluetooth
- plays MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, and high-res FLAC music files
- 1.5-line LCD display (white text, black background, blue button illumination)
- microphone included
- control and rapid-charging of select Android devices using the USB connection
- iPod/iPhone direct connection via USB
- connect two phones at once
- Music Mix feature allows music streaming playback and control from up to five paired smartphones
- Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Spotify Internet radio control with iPhone and Android
- Drive EQ improves sound to compensate for exterior noise
- 13-band equalizer
- digital time alignment
- high-pass filter, low-pass filter, and sub level control
- inputs: front USB port (1.5A), front auxiliary input
- outputs: preamp output (2.5-volt rear/sub)
Other Features and Specs:
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- removable theft-deterrent faceplate
- multi-language display (English, Spanish)
- Manufacture Warranty: 1 year
- MFR # KMM-BT225U
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (10A fuse)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Quick Start Gude
- Warranty Card