Dedicated to the music lover
The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X702 CD receiver offers just about everything for people who want to play music, including crystal-clear aptX® wireless music streaming, a built-in HD Radio tuner, flawless CD playback, Internet radio control, and a 13-band equalizer to sound-sculpt your tunes. The variable color illumination enhances this Kenwood's handsome looks, and gives you some personalization options. Kenwood backs up their Excelon receivers with a 2-year warranty.
Let's talk wireless
In addition to hands-free calling with Bluetooth for two phones, you can pair up to five phones with this Kenwood for streaming your favorite playlists wirelessly. The receiver offers two options for clear, near-CD-quality music streaming: aptX® for Android phones and other compatible devices, or AAC files for your iPhone®. And if your passengers want control over this receiver from your smartphone, you can simply load Kenwood's free Remote app for them.
HD Radio clarity
The KDC-X702 lets you enjoy HD Radio from participating stations. When you're tuned in, you'll hear FM that's close to CD quality or AM that comes in clear and static-free. And if you're not in an area with HD Radio stations, don't worry — this Kenwood's sensitive radio tuner will pick up local analog stations, too.
More radio options
Using the controls on the receiver, you can access your favorite Pandora®, Spotify™, and iHeartRadio® Internet Radio stations from your iPhone or Android.
Lots of connectivity
In addition to playing CDs, you can connect a portable music player to the rear aux input, and the two rear-panel USB ports can handle thumb drives loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, or high-res FLAC music files. You can also play, control, and charge select Android phones, an iPod®, or an iPhone that's plugged into either USB port.
Tone controls and expansion
Use the 13-band equalizer and digital time alignment to adjust your music, so it sounds like you've always got the best seat in the house. Kenwood's Drive EQ boosts specific frequencies to help overcome road noise that can drown out your music. The three pairs of RCA preamp outputs send a clean, high-voltage signal to any outboard amps in your system, and you can adjust the audio levels and crossover points for these outputs.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and high-res FLAC music files
- detachable face with 13-digit display plus variable-color illumination
- Bluetooth with aptX for superior sound quality with compatible devices
- hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- Music Mix feature allows music streaming and control from up to five paired smartphones
- control the stereo using Kenwood's free Remote app
- built-in Android AOA control and charging of select Android devices (Android version 4.1 and higher) using the USB connection
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility)
- Pandora, Spotify, and iHeartRadio control with iPhone and Android
- 13-band EQ with eight presets and Drive EQ
- digital time alignment
- low-pass and high-pass filters with subwoofer level control
- Sound Reconstruction improves the sound of files encoded at lower bit rates
- compatible with SiriusXM tuner
- inputs: rear auxiliary input and dual rear USB ports
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, and subwoofer)
Other Features and Specs:
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Manufacture Warranty: 2 years
- MFR # KDC-X702
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty Card